[R] www.r-project.org

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Tue Apr 25 19:18:54 CEST 2006

On 04/25/06 18:53, Romain Francois wrote:
> Dear R users and developpers,
>
> My question is adressed to both of you, so I choose R-help to post it.
>
> Are there any plans to jazz up the main R website : http://www.r-project.org
> The look it have now is the same for a long time and kind of sad
> compared to other statistical package's website. Of course, the
> comparison is not fair, since companies are paying web designers to draw
> lollipop websites ...

I don't think it is sad at all.  It think it is one of the few
sites I visit that is accessible, is quick to load, conforms to
standards, uses my fonts instead of forcing me to get nose prints
on the monitor, is informative, has minimal mindless glitz, and
works in any browser.

The only thing I might change is to replace the frames with some
sort of CSS-based positioning.  HOWEVER, the new version of
Internet Explorer may totally destroy the usefulness of CSS, so
maybe it is better to leave things as they are for now.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
Editor: Judgment and Decision Making (http://journal.sjdm.org)