[R] GUI font size

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Apr 25 02:17:15 CEST 2006

On 4/24/2006 6:44 PM, Erin Hodgess wrote:
> Dear R People:
>
> On the Edit menu, there is a GUI preference tab.
>
> On the Font option, the highest value is 18.
>
> Has anyone ever had the font size set larger than that will any
> success, please?

This actually looks like a bug in the low level code (graphapp).  The
control is supposed to allow you to type in your own choice of font
size, but because of what looks like a typo, it restricts choices to the
ones in the list.

As others have said, you can set a value in the Rconsole file, but with
this bug, it won't display properly.

Since this bug has been around for at least 7 years, I'm going to check
the fix for it fairly carefully before I commit it, but I expect it to
be fixed in the next release.

I may increase the list of sizes in the dropdown box at the same time.

Duncan Murdoch