[R] online tutorials

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Apr 21 12:37:44 CEST 2006

"Maxon, Matthew" <Matthew.Maxon at citadelgroup.com> writes:

> I work for a Investment group with a very extensive training program and
> we are having our new hires take a statistics course at University of
> Chicago where they have to complete some assignments with R.  I was
> wondering if there are any online tutorials that exist where we could
> get our participants comfortable with R before the class itself?  I
> appreciate any help at all.

There are three major sources:

(1) Manuals that ship with R, notably "An Introduction to R"

(2) Online materials contributed to CRAN
  http://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html

(3) Books...

Re. (2), among the shorter documents, "The R Guide" by Jason Owen
looks quite attractive for people at a very basic level of statistical
knowledge (matrix calculus is assumed in some sections, though).

However, these documents cover a wide range of target audiences, so
you should look at all of them and calibrate against your group.