[R] second try; writing user-defined GLM link function

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 17 10:25:08 CEST 2006

I've not seen a response to either of these.

It is fairly simple.  You need to copy 'binomial' to your own function,
and edit it to allow the name you choose for your link function.  Then you
need to copy 'make.link', and edit it to add an entry under your chosen
name.  I'd copy the probit one (the logit one is internal for speed). Note
that to avoid namespace issues, you do need to copy (and probably rename)
the functions you change.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk