[R] power analysis for 2-way anova interaction

Justin Rhodes jrhodes at cyrus.psych.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 13 16:48:40 CEST 2006

Dear R-help list,

Does anyone have a function that I could use to determine power for
testing significance of an interaction term in a 2-way ANOVA.  The
model I am considering has 2 levels in each factor.  I would like to
be able to input sample size (equal in all groups), MSE, means for
the 4 groups, and then get power for the 2 main effects and
interaction term.  It would also be nice to enter the desired power
for the interaction effect, and then get sample size for the 4
groups.  Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

--
Justin S. Rhodes
Department of Psychology