[R] memory limit on windows 64 edition

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 12 18:00:25 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if the 2Gb limit for R processes in windows is still
present using a 64 bit edition of windows?

>From what I read, compiling a 64bit version of R on windows isn't
possible yet, but that limitation was more OS-related.

We have large datasets which generally use over 2Gb of memory with
Linux, and it would make our life easier if the windows-users would be
able to run those on their own computers.

Francois

ps, I'm not on r-help, so please include my address in the reply.