[R] compiling a package on a pc - process is stalling

john.gavin at ubs.com john.gavin at ubs.com
Tue Apr 11 16:35:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

On a new pc, I am trying to 'CHECK' an R package
containing only R code but the process is hanging and I cant see why.

The 00check.log file shows
* using log directory 'c:/temp/opRisk.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.2.1, 2005-12-20
* checking for file 'opRisk/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'opRisk' version '0.2'
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking whether package 'opRisk' can be installed ...

The 00install.out file shows
'installing R.css in c:/temp/opRisk.Rcheck'

There is also an R.css file and a '00LOCK' folder with nothing in it.

There are no error messages or warnings.

I am using v5.8.8 of Perl and V2.2.1 of R on NT
and the latest version of Rtools.

I can 'BUILD' the package without any apparent problems.

> cd S:\QRMS\Stats\R\build
> Rcmd BUILD opRisk

S:\QRMS\Stats\R\build>Rcmd BUILD opRisk
* checking for file 'opRisk/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* preparing 'opRisk':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* removing junk files
* checking for LF line-endings in source files
* checking for empty directories
WARNING: directory opRisk/inst is empty
* building 'opRisk_0.2.tar.gz'

But 'Rcmd INSTALL opRisk' also stalls.

I have also tried to compile one of the packages from CRAN
with similar results (blighty).

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards,

John.

John Gavin <john.gavin at ubs.com>,
Commodities, FIRC,
UBS Investment Bank, 2nd floor,
100 Liverpool St., London EC2M 2RH, UK.
Phone +44 (0) 207 567 4289

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

This message contains confidential information and is intend...{{dropped}}