[R] Time Series Objects/ MC Simulation

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Apr 8 03:59:06 CEST 2006

	  I don't have a direct answer to your question, but in case you are
interested in a general introduction to time series capabilties in R, I
will suggest the following:

	  1. Ch. 14 in Venables and Ripley (2002) Modern Applied Statistics
with S, 4th ed. (Springer)

           2. The zoo vignette plus Gabor Grothendieck and Thomas
Petzoldt. R help desk: Date and time classes in R. R News, 4(1):29-32,
June 2004 (www.r-project.org -> newsletter ... ).

	  3.  The vignettes dse1, and dse2, available with the dse bundle.

	  4.  If all you want is to Monte Carlo time series, then item "2"
might suffice -- unless you want to simulate events occurring in
different time zones, and you want to manage the subtleties of trading
day differences in different countries, etc., in which case you need
"fCalendar" in www.rmetrics.org -> White Paper on "timeDate/timeSeries"
(on left).

	  hope this helps.
	  spencer graves