[R] using latex() in R for Unix

Brian Quinif bquinif at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 22:47:24 CEST 2006

Yes, Peter, I do mean the later() function from the Hmsic package.
Below is a reproducible example.  Also, does anyone know how to stop R
from automatically running LaTeX on the file produced by latex()

library(Matching)
library(Hmisc)

#make up some data
X <- matrix(rnorm(1000*5), ncol=5)
Y1 <- as.vector(rnorm(1000))
Tr <- c(rep(1,500),rep(0,500))

#estimate nearest neighbor, 1-1 matching, ATT
a <- Match(Y=Y1, X=X, Tr=Tr, M=1)
summary(a)

#make up some more data
Y2 <- as.vector(rnorm(1000))

#estimate nearest neighbor, 1-1 matching, ATT
b <- Match(Y=Y2, X=X, Tr=Tr, M=1)
summary(b)

#Generate table of estimates
Estimates <- matrix(c(a$est, b$est, a$se, b$se),nrow=2)
rownames(Estimates) = c("a","b")
colnames(Estimates) = c("Estimate","Standard Error")
print(Estimates)

#I use the next line of code for running in Windows--it works, and I
can find the file out.tex
#latex(Estimates, file='out.tex', rowlabel='',digits=3)

#I use the next line of code for running in Unix--I get an error
message saying the file/directory does not exist
#latex(Estimates, file='/home/b/bquinif/bq/9095/out.tex', rowlabel='',digits=3)