[R] Combination of Bias and MSE ?

Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) Wolfgang.Viechtbauer at STAT.unimaas.nl
Wed Apr 5 18:06:11 CEST 2006

The MSE of an estimator X for a parameter theta is defined as E(X - theta)^2, which is equal to Var[X] + (Bias[X])^2, so in that sense, the MSE is already taking the bias of X into account.

Hope this helps,

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer
 Department of Methodology and Statistics