[R] DISPLAYING A HISTOGRAM + finding NAs

Augusto.Sanabria at ga.gov.au Augusto.Sanabria at ga.gov.au
Wed Apr 5 01:06:02 CEST 2006

Mark,

To solve your problem I would get rid of
missing values in the obs vector 'obsv' first:

obsv <- obsv[!is.na(obsv)]

I would then set up the x-axis: xval <- max(obsv)

Then I would plot a probabilistic histogram:
Hist(obsv,breaks=xval,freq=FALSE)
Notice that the probabilities in the y-axis
are calc. as: prob yi = Freq obs(i)/(all obs)

Hope it helps.

Augusto