[R] Disable LazyLoading mechanism completely

Paul Roebuck roebuck at mdanderson.org
Sat Apr 1 01:03:57 CEST 2006

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> On 3/31/2006 5:15 PM, Paul Roebuck wrote:
> > Is there a global option somewhere that can completely
> > disable the LazyLoad option? I want all my packages
> > in source format for searching purposes, crippled by
> > the conversion to database format.
>
> Why not just keep the source?  Maybe I misunderstood where
> you're thinking of searching, but I think even without
> LazyLoad, you'll lose comments in the functions.

My thought is something along the lines of

options(lazy.load = FALSE)

which would override the setting in the DESCRIPTION file
as though every package had set it as:

LazyLoad: no

I want the ability to patch/search the code by default.
LazyLoad removes this capability. I know there will be a
minor speed hit and accept that in exchange for the above
capability.