[R] xyplots

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 22:43:56 CEST 2005

On 9/28/05, Nathan Leon Pace, MD, MStat <N.L.Pace at m.cc.utah.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a four panel xyplot. I wish to plot each point as an open or
> filled circle depending on the value of an indicator variable.
>
> I assume I need to use panel.superpose(), but I can't figure out the
> syntax from lattice documentation.

Not directly. You do need to change the plotting character (pch). Here
are two ways to do it (the second is longer but recommended):

dotplot(variety ~ yield | site, data = barley, groups = year, pch = c(1, 16))

dotplot(variety ~ yield | site, data = barley, groups = year,
        auto.key = TRUE,
        par.settings = list(superpose.symbol = list(pch = c(1, 16))))

Deepayan