[R] graphics guide?

Peter Flom flom at ndri.org
Tue Sep 27 15:50:49 CEST 2005

>>> Karin Lagesen <karin.lagesen at medisin.uio.no> 9/27/2005 9:27:29 AM
I am trying to create some graphs with R and it seems to be able to do
what I need. However, I have so far not been able to find any sort of
explanation of how the graphics system works. I am for instance trying
to create a multiple figure, and I seem to have to call plot.new()
before every new plot command, I have however not found any
explanation of what this actually does. ?plot.new does give an
explanation, but it is explained in R, so to speak. Where do I find
out what for instance a graphics frame is?
If you'd like a more comprehensive reference in book form, I recommend
Paul Murrell's book R Graphics.

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
New York, NY 10010
(212) 845-4485 (voice)
(917) 438-0894 (fax)