[R] [R-pkgs] Reshape package: new version 0.5

Randall R Schulz rschulz at sonic.net
Fri Sep 23 15:57:08 CEST 2005

Sundar,

On Friday 23 September 2005 06:48, Sundar Dorai-Raj wrote:
> Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > Hadley,

> > Perhaps I'm dense, but I cannot find the software at the URL you
> > mention. There are links to a paper and a PDF slide presentation,
> > but no R package.
> >
> > There is also a dangling link (<http://r-project.org/>) in the
> > first sentence.
>
> Hi, Randall,
>
> The first section of the webpage says:
>
> <quote>
> How to install
>
> install.packages("reshape")
> </quote>

Yes, of course I saw that.

> Try the latter call at the R prompt.

Huh? All the other packages I've installed, and there have been several,
I've downloaded from CRAN and used:

% R CMD INSTALL packageName.tar.gz

How am I to do that when I don't have the package. Where is going to
come from?

But now I see that there is a "reshape" package in CRAN.

I figured (yes, assumed) that since no mention of CRAN was made at the
author's Web page that this release was not distributed there.

> HTH,
>
> --sundar

Randall Schulz