[R] Change in behavior of compare statement

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Sep 19 22:48:33 CEST 2005

On 9/19/2005 1:40 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 9/19/2005 12:25 PM, Tomas Andersson wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have come across some Windows Script code which calls the
>> "file.exists" function in R to check for the existence of a particular
>> file on an R server. This is what the code looks like:
>>
>>             do
>>             {
>>                         // some useful code
>>             }
>>             while (m_workspace.session.eval("file.exists(" + dataFile
>
> What is this function m_workspace.session.eval?  It's not a base
> function.  Perhaps its definition has changed?

This has to be one of the most out-to-lunch answers I ever wrote.
Sorry, please ignore it.

The code above is "Windows Script", whatever that is, not R.
file.exists hasn't changed, but whatever interface you're using to R
presumably has.  In the code you're looking at there, it converted TRUE
to "1", and now it doesn't.

Duncan Murdoch