[R] indicator value in labdsv

astrzelczak@ps.pl astrzelczak at ps.pl
Mon Sep 19 18:25:00 CEST 2005

Hello,

I was uclear before, I'm sory about it. I forgot to add that I'm using duleg...

I used mvpart for multivariate regression trees. My input variables are
environmental parameters, output variables are macrophyte species
(presence=1,absence=0 in conecutive cases=lakes). For obtained classes I used
duleg to find indicator species for every class. I checked the article Dufrene,
M. and Legendre, P. 1997. Species assemblages and indicator species: the need
for a flexible asymmetrical approach. Ecol. Monogr. 67(3):345-366. The authors
used the threshold of indval=0.25(25%) and that's the only hint I've found in
the literature. This threshod seems to reasonable, but still I have impression
that's too low...

best regards
Agnieszka

--
Best regards,
                                                      mailto:astrzelczak at ps.pl

Agnieszka Strzelczak, Research Assistant
mailto:astrzelczak at ps.pl

Institute of Chemistry and Environmental Protection
Faculty of Chemical Engineering
Szczecin University of Technology
Aleja Piastow 42
71-065 Szczecin