[R] help for linear-circular correlation

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Sep 18 07:19:18 CEST 2005

	  Have you received a reply to your question?  I haven't seen one.

	  I got from Google a reference that gave a definition(a);  it doesn't
seem like it would be hard to program.  However, before I did that, I
think I would review the contents of the circular and CircStats
packages.  After figuring out how the circular data are stored and
manipulated in each package, including functions like "lm.circular" in
package "circular".  Then I might write a function roughly like what I
would like to have as part of one of those packages.

	  If you try this and get stuck, feel free to submit another post
describing what you've tried and what you can't get to work;  you may
also try an email to Claudio Agostinelli <claudio at unive.it>, the
maintainer for both the circular and CircStat packages.  (If you try
r-help again, the posting guide contains hints that might increase the
speed and utility of replies;
"http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html".)

	  Good Luck,
	  Spencer Graves