[R] *** saving files ***

Jean Eid jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca
Wed Sep 14 16:16:14 CEST 2005

If your loop is from 1:n then you can do the following. suppose you call
the resulslts results 1:n using assign or something. so like this

for(i in 1:n){
assign("results_", i, sep=""), lm(bla bla))
save(get(

> for(i in 1:10){
+ temp <- paste("results_", i, sep="")
+ assign(temp, rnorm(i))
+ save(list=temp, file=temp)
+ }
> dir()
 [1] "results_1"  "results_10" "results_2"  "results_3"  "results_4"
 [6] "results_5"  "results_6"  "results_7"  "results_8"  "results_9"

P.S. If you need to call your results within the loop do something like
temp2<-get(temp)

and you can use temp2 as any regular object

HTH