[R] remedial stats education

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Tue Sep 13 11:24:52 CEST 2005

Everybody, thanks for your suggestions.  I am planning to order at least these
two:

  Peter Dalgaard _Introductory Statistics with R_
  Andrew Gelman _Bayesian Data Analysis_

Also, while stumbling around amazon.com, I found this book:

  Statistical Reasoning in Psychology and Education, 4th edition
  by Edward W. Minium, Bruce M. King  ISBN: 0471211877

This book looks perfect for me -- I can do math, learn R, etc, but WHY?  Why
use one method and not another?  Why structure a problem one way and not
another?  These are the questions which really stump me.

So, has anybody read this book?  Is there a similar book which is even better?

--
Make April 15 just another day, visit http://fairtax.org