[R] GlmmPQL help

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Sep 11 05:05:08 CEST 2005

	  Have you received a reply to this question?  If you still want an
answer, please submit a much simpler, self-contained example that
someone can copy from your email into R, examine possibly with other
tools and offer comments in a minute or two.  Please include the output,
labeling clearly the degrees of freedom in question, what you think the
number should be and why.  I believe that will increase the chances that
you will get a useful reply quickly.

	  I'm sorry I couldn't help more.
	  spencer graves

Mark Steer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running a GLMM on binomial choice data.  The outputs I receive are
> sensible except for the degrees of freedom, which come out much larger than
> expected.  Can anyone advise please?
>
> Exptl design:
> Response = Choice
> Fixed Factors = Position, Treatment and Sex
> Random Factor = ID nested within Treatment and Sex
> Covariate = Delay
>
> The model:
> glmmPQL(FreeChoice ~ Position * Treatment + Sex + Delay, random = list(~Sex
> + Treatment|Name), family = binomial)
>
> Thanks, Mark

> Mark Steer
> School of Biological Sciences