[R] package installation error (LF versus CR)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Sep 8 18:38:37 CEST 2005

sonia wrote:

> Hello,
> I have the following problem in installing a package (in windows xp)
>

>>rcmd install -c  dlm
>

> [ ..stuff deleted ]
>
>   ... DLL made
>   installing DLL
>   installing R files
>   installing inst files
>   installing data files
>   installing man source files
>   installing indices
> Errore in load(zfile, envir = envir) : l'input Þ stato danneggiato, LF
> sostituiti da CR
> Esecuzione interrotta
> make[2]: *** [indices] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make: *** [pkg-dlm] Error 2
> *** Installation of dlm failed ***
>
> Does anybody please have suggestions?
> If relevant, the source package was downloaded from a unix server using cvs+ssh

In principle, it should not matter if it works on the unix machine.
Anyway, can you try to *build* the package on that unix machine and
install from the tar.gz file on Windows. Maybe some line endings got
mixed up by cvs...

For further report, please set
LANGUAGE=en
before a sample-run you want to include in a question to R-help, because
not everybody understands italian.

Uwe Ligges