[R] LV path analysis with PLS (was Re: PLSR: model notation and reliabilities)

I.Ioannou r at roryt.gr
Wed Sep 7 01:06:07 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 12:31:29PM +0300, I.Ioannou wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 08:08:53AM +0200, Bj?rn-Helge Mevik wrote:
>
> > It seems to me that what you are looking for, is some sort of
> > structured equation models (? la Lisrel).  The pls package implements
--snipped--
> and the explained variance seem to be ok, but I'm afraid that
> this is not my case. I thought that plsr should be used to perform
--snipped--

Well, I should had asked  : Is there a way to use plsr to perform
(or another R package that implements) "latent variables path analysis
with partial least-squares estimation", i.e. the algorithm that was
implemented in the old DOS lvpls program ?
(http://kiptron.psyc.virginia.edu/Programs/lvplsmanual.pdf)

TIA
Ioannis Ioannou