[R] Reference manual is not available in the help menu of the rgui

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Sep 2 16:37:51 CEST 2005

bhx2 at mevik.net (Bjørn-Helge Mevik) writes:

> Sean O'Riordain writes:
>
> > Actually, I've started reading the reference manual... :-)
> >
> > I printed it out 2-to-a-page and I'm working my way through it,
>
> Ah!  This reminds me of the `good old days', reading the Emacs manual,
> Emacs lisp manual, Gnu C library manual, ....  The payoff came in the
> section giving the meaning of the C library error codes: EGREGIOUS
> means `You did *what*?'.  :-)

I actually have a huge list of those. Among the better ones:

ECHERNOBYL Broken pipe
EFLAT      String out of range
EGAD       Surely you jest
EH         Canadian user error
EIEIO      Bug, bug here, bug bug there
ENIXON     Tape problem
ENODICE    Error in rand
EZ         Had been faster on paper

(Report from Usenix 1986, EUUG Newsletter)

--
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Øster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B