[R] Question

Mahmoud Torabi mtorabi at math.carleton.ca
Thu Sep 1 03:51:13 CEST 2005

Dear Sir/Madam

I would be pleased if anybody can help me. I'm using linear mixed model
(lme) function.I'm doing some simulation in my research and need to be
assigned variance components values during of my program. Specifically,
when I use lme function, I can get some information by use summary() and I
can assign some valuse like variance of fixed parameters and variance of
random error
term by using for example  varFix and sigma.But I don't know how I can
assign for variance of random effect.
I know in SPLUS we have command var.ran, how about R ?

Thanks alot.
M.Torabi