[R] Import help (neophyte)

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon Oct 31 19:42:40 CET 2005

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Jeffrey Stratford wrote:

> Hi, I have no experience with R and I'm finding the manuals a bit obtuse
> and written as if I already understood R.
>
> I'm trying to import a csv file from a floppy and it's not working. The
> code I'm using is
>
> read.table("F:\GEORGIA\species_richness\SR_use.csv", sep=",", header =
> TRUE, row.names = 1)
>
> I'm assuming that this command is case sensitive so everything matches.
>  Is there something I'm missing?

PLEASE do read the posting guide! Without the error message you are
seeing, help isn't possible (we can't see your screen, if we could, you
should worry!). On Windows try to replace the file name with
file.choose(), which will help you navigate to the file, but maybe that
isn't your problem - without seeing the error message, we're none the
wiser.