[R] Male and female symbols?

Greg Snow greg.snow at ihc.com
Mon Oct 24 21:07:55 CEST 2005

If you have image files of your plotting symbols (fox and rabbits) then
one
approach is to follow the example in the post at:
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/~rking/R/help/05/08/10890.html

hope this helps,

Greg Snow, Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center, LDS Hospital
Intermountain Health Care
greg.snow at ihc.com
(801) 408-8111

>>> Ted Harding <Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk> 10/22/05 08:58AM >>>

George's query somewhat leads on to a more general question:
Can one define one's own symbols for plotting?

For example -- though I'm not seriously saying I need this --
in a population study of faxes and rabbits surveyed over several
years, one might wish to plot the Rabbit population using tiny
rabbits as points, and foxes' heads for the Fox population.

(Given the data coordinates, I would have my own ways to do this;
but not in R).

Best wishes,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861