[R] tk problem with R 2.2.0 on wine/linux

Hin-Tak Leung hin-tak.leung at cimr.cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 24 11:33:15 CEST 2005

Actually I am trying to run sciview-R and encounted some problems with
tk, and I thought I'll check the basic library(tcltk) functionallity,
just to be sure. Anybody seen that  '[tcl] bad window path name ".1".'
message before?

Prof. Philippe Grosjean: yes, I have managed to load most of
sciview-R under Wine, except the tcltk library!

===================
R : Copyright 2005, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 2.2.0  (2005-10-06 r35749)
ISBN 3-900051-07-0

   Natural language support but running in an English locale

'help.start()' for a HTML browser interface to help.
Type 'q()' to quit R.

[Previously saved workspace restored]

 > library(tcltk)
 > demo(tkdensity)

         demo(tkdensity)
         ---- ~~~~~~~~~

Type  <Return>   to start :

 > require(tcltk) || stop("tcltk support is absent")
[1] TRUE

 > require(graphics)
[1] TRUE

 > require(stats)
[1] TRUE

 > local({
     y <- NULL
     xlim <- NULL
     size <- tclVar(50.000000)
     dist <- tclVar(1.000000)
     kernel <- tclVar("gaussian")
     bw <- tclVar(1.000000)
     bw.sav <- 1.000000
     replot <- function(...) {
         if (is.null(y))
             re .... [TRUNCATED]
Error in structure(.External("dotTclObjv", objv, PACKAGE = "tcltk"),
class = "tclObj") :
         [tcl] bad window path name ".1".
 > demo(tkttest)

         demo(tkttest)
         ---- ~~~~~~~

Type  <Return>   to start :

 > require(tcltk) || stop("tcltk support is absent")
[1] TRUE

 > require(stats)
[1] TRUE

 > local({
     dialog.t.test <- function() {
         tt <- tktoplevel()
         tkwm.title(tt, "t test")
         x.entry <- tkentry(tt, textvariable = xvar)
         y.entry <- tkentry(tt, textvariable = yvar)
         alt <- tclVar("two.sided")
         d .... [TRUNCATED]
  The source for this demo can be found in the file:
  C:/PROG~FBU/R/R-2_~MVR.0/library/tcltk/demo/tkttest.R
Error in structure(.External("dotTclObjv", objv, PACKAGE = "tcltk"),
class = "tclObj") :
         [tcl] bad window path name ".2".