[R] Boxplot labels

Marc Schwartz (via MN) mschwartz at mn.rr.com
Thu Oct 20 22:41:13 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 14:46 -0400, Keith Sabol wrote:
> I am creating boxplots from a dataframe and would like to add to the
> standard output a marker representing the value from a particular row in the
> dataframe.
>
> .....And I apologize if the solution is as trivial as it seems it should be.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Keith

Some example code would be helpful here.

However, some hints that I suspect will be helpful:

1. Unless you use the 'at' argument in boxplot(), the box center
positions are at integer values from 1:n, where n is the number of
groups.

2. You can thus use the points() function to add symbols or the text()
function to add labels to the existing plot as you may require.
See ?points and/or ?text for more information.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz