[R] RE : sqlQuery and string selection

Jérôme Lemaître je_lemaitre at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 02:58:25 CEST 2005

Dear Prof Ripley,

I tried what you suggested and it worked perfectly well!
I also appreciated your corrections about my SQL formulation. However, it
seems that quotes are indeed needed to get string observations (but my
access software is in french...).
Finally, do you think that it might be worth to add an example for sqlQuery
using string variables in a later version of RODBC, just in case others
encounter the same problem as me?

I thank you very much for your help,

Jérôme Lemaître
Ph.D. student