[R] schoenfeld residuals in the cox.zph function

Christoph Leuchtner christophleuchtner at web.de
Wed Oct 19 16:42:37 CEST 2005

To R-project help

I work with a clinical dataset including about 27,000 patients and I wanted to do some model diagnostics on cox regression models with frailty effects (for every patient). But in this case the cox.zph function did not work. I always got the following error message:

Fehler in residuals.coxph(fit, "schoenfeld") :
        NA/NaN/Inf in externem Funktionsaufruf (arg 5)

Does anyone know what's wrong? I did the same without using frailty effects and everything was o.k. What could I do?