[R] R/Splus Courses *** Las Vegas and San Francisco, In November 2005

elvis@xlsolutions-corp.com elvis at xlsolutions-corp.com
Tue Oct 18 20:12:55 CEST 2005

 XLSolutions Corporation (www.xlsolutions-corp.com) is proud to
announce  2-day "R/S-plus Fundamentals and Programming
Techniques" .
www.xlsolutions-corp.com/Rfund.htm

**** San Francisco ------------------------ October 31st - November 1st,
 2005
**** Las Vegas ----------------------------- November 7th - 8th, 2005

Reserve your seat now at the early bird rates!
Payment due AFTER the class

Course Description:

This two-day beginner to intermediate R/S-plus course focuses on a
broad spectrum of topics, from reading raw data to a comparison of R
and S. We will learn the essentials of data manipulation, graphical
visualization and R/S-plus programming. We will explore statistical
data analysis tools,including graphics with data sets. How to enhance
your plots, build your own packages (librairies) and connect via
ODBC,etc.
We will perform some statistical modeling and fit linear regression
models. Participants are encouraged to bring data for interactive
sessions

With the following outline:

- An Overview of R and S
- Data Manipulation and Graphics
- Using Lattice Graphics
- A Comparison of R and S-Plus
- How can R Complement SAS?
- Writing Functions
- Avoiding Loops
- Vectorization
- Statistical Modeling
- Project Management
- Techniques for Effective use of R and S
- Enhancing Plots
- Using High-level Plotting Functions
- Building and Distributing Packages (libraries)
- Connecting; ODBC, Rweb, Orca via sockets and via Rjava

Interested in R/Splus Advanced course? email us.

Email us for group discounts.
Email Sue Turner: sue at xlsolutions-corp.com
Phone: 206-686-1578
Visit us: www.xlsolutions-corp.com/training.htm
Please let us know if you and your colleagues are interested in this
classto take advantage of group discount. Register now to secure your
seat!

Interested in R/Splus Advanced course? email us.

Cheers,
Elvis Miller, PhD
Manager Training.
XLSolutions Corporation