[R] Dunn's post hoc test

Iain Gallagher iaingallagher at btopenworld.com
Mon Oct 17 10:30:12 CEST 2005

Hi Everyone.

I am rather new to R and I've been trying to implement a function to
carry out the above test. For a couple of days now I've been stuck on
how to generate average rank differences.

Say I have a vector of average ranks:

averank<- c(2,5,9,12)

I would like to subtract averank[1] from averank[2], averank[1] and
averank[2] from averank[3] and averank[1], averank[2] and averank[3]
from averank[4] etc (I know the syntax is wrong here... it's just for
illustration) but I can't work out how to do it.

Ideally I would like to generate an array showing the differences
between the average ranks so I could tell at a glance which ones were
greater than my critical value

I've been looking at loops etc but it's a little beyond me at the
moment. Thanks for any suggestions.

Iain Gallagher
IIIR
Edinburgh University