[R] Hmisc latex function

Charles Dupont charles.dupont at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Oct 12 17:31:31 CEST 2005

Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> Charles Dupont <charles.dupont at vanderbilt.edu> writes:
>

>>Hmmmm,  It works for me.  Interesting.
>>
>>It almost looks like the temp dir is not being created, but thats not
>>possible because R does that.  It might be a Unicode issue with you
>>system shell.  Can you run this statement in R
>

> It's a Unicode issue alright. dQuote is intended for textual output,
> and in UTF-8 locales it will use Unicode codepoints 0x201c and 0x201d,
> which the shell is not expected to make head or tails of.
>
> The help page would have told you, and pointed you to shQuote() as
> well...

Well There be the problem.

First I have heard about shQuote.  When I last looked at the help file
it didn't have the shQuote entry.

For a temporary fix source the attached file after loading the Hmisc
library.  I will fix this in source for the next version.

--
Charles Dupont	Computer System Analyst		School of Medicine
		Department of Biostatistics	Vanderbilt University