[R] labels of a conditioning variable in xyplot

Nathan Leon Pace, MD, MStat N.L.Pace at m.cc.utah.edu
Tue Oct 11 01:50:18 CEST 2005

This error is a curious one.

When I remove the labels vector, the names of the levels are printed
by default in the strip without difficulty.

The names of the levels have lengths of 14 to 16 characters.

My labels had length 18 characters.

When I reduce the labels to length 10 characters (as you suggest), I
get the same error message and no object is created.

Nathan