[R] spline.des

Marc Schwartz (via MN) mschwartz at mn.rr.com
Mon Oct 3 22:58:34 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 15:28 -0500, lforzani wrote:
> Hello, I am using library fda and I can not run a lot of functions because
> I receive the error:
>
> Error in bsplineS(evalarg, breaks, norder, nderiv) :
>         couldn't find function "spline.des"
>

> do you know how I can fix that? Thnaks. Liliana

spline.des() is in the 'splines' package, installed with the basic R
distribution. It appears that bsplineS() has a dependency on this not
otherwise referenced in the fda package documentation. Looks like fda
has not been updated in some time as well.

I have cc'd Jim Ramsay on this reply as an FYI.

You probably need a:

  library(splines)

before calling your code above.

HTH,