[R] ast package?

Vito Ricci vito_ricci at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 08:11:59 CEST 2005

Hi,

several people asked me where they can found ast.
Prof. Masarotto should put it on CRAN as soon as
possible. ast package has many functions useful in
time series analysis.

Regards,

Vito

--- Peter Dalgaard <p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk> ha

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Ricci-refcard-ts.pdf,
> the ast package is necessary to perform some of the
> functions.
> > Where can this package be installed from, as I
> cannot find it from my pulldown list, nor can I find
> it on the web?
> > Thanks.
>
> It's not *that* hard to find, although it helps if
> you know a few
> words of Italian...
>
> http://sirio.stat.unipd.it/index.php?id=libast
>
> I don't know why Guido doesn't want to put this on
> CRAN.
>
> > Maia
>
> --
>    O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Øster
> Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B
>   c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     PO Box 2099,
> 1014 Cph. K
>  (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark
>     Ph:  (+45) 35327918
> ~~~~~~~~~~ - (p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk)
>     FAX: (+45) 35327907

Diventare costruttori di soluzioni
Became solutions' constructors

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze
the scientific learning process."
George E. P. Box

"Statistical thinking will one day be as necessary for efficient citizenship as the ability to read and write"
H. G. Wells

Top 10 reasons to become a Statistician

     1. Deviation is considered normal
     2. We feel complete and sufficient
     3. We are 'mean' lovers
     4. Statisticians do it discretely and continuously
     5. We are right 95% of the time
     6. We can legally comment on someone's posterior distribution
     7. We may not be normal, but we are transformable
     8. We never have to say we are certain
     9. We are honestly significantly different
    10. No one wants our jobs

Visitate il portale http://www.modugno.it/
e in particolare la sezione su Palese  http://www.modugno.it/archivio/palesesanto_spirito/