[R] need suggestion about building formual

Simple qsb at nlbmol.ibp.ac.cn
Sat Oct 1 16:45:29 CEST 2005

Thanks for your kind respond. Although the answer didn't solve my question
clearly,maybe I still not understand the art of R.

I'm sorry that I had not talked the problem clearly, maybe a example with more
detail will be suitable as suggested in the the posting guide.

In function fitting program, such as Sigmaplot, a fitting formula, can be
write in separate form:
G=a+(b*x)^(1/2)
k=exp((G-G0)/(R*T))
fit k to y

of course,in R's nls, can write as:
mynls<-nls(formula=y~exp((a+(b*x)^(1/2)-G0)/(R*T)),data=mydata,...)

In this example, the formula is simple and acceptable. However, when the
formula is more complexity,writing all in one formula,the readability will be
damaged.So I'm looking for a way to write simple and readable code in this
situation.