[R] help with R

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Tue Nov 29 20:05:02 CET 2005

You're not telling us something or there's a problem with your R build: a
3960 element vectors of integer is tiny and will not cause R to crash.

Regarding your regression model. You do **not** need dummy variables in R.
Please read the docs (e.g. AN INTRODUCTION TO R) and help files on lm() and
factor() to see how to do linear modeling in R. lag() and diff() may also be
relevant. OTOH, R has many better ways to model time series and seasonality,
both in base R and numerous add-on packages. Try help.search('time series')
and RSiteSearch('time series')

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box