[R] Looking for constrained optimisation code

Hong Ooi Hong.Ooi at iag.com.au
Mon Nov 28 08:01:52 CET 2005

Hi,

I was just wondering if there was any available R code that could handle
general constrained optimisation problems. At the moment I'm using
nlminb and optim, both of which allow box constraints on the parameters,
but ideally I'd like to be able to specify more general constraints on
the solution space.

Even if code isn't readily available, any tips on how to persuade
optim/nlminb to cope with general constraints would also be much
appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Hong Ooi