[R] multilevel models and sample size

ronggui 042045003 at fudan.edu.cn
Sun Nov 27 18:33:38 CET 2005

It is not a pure  R question,but I hope some one can give me advices.

I want to use analysis my data with the multilevel model.The data has 2 levels---- the second level has 52 units and each second level unit has 19-23 units.I think the sample size is quite small,but just now I can't make the sample size much bigger.So I want to ask if I use the multilevel model to analysis the data set,will it be acceptable?  or  unacceptable because of the small sample size?

Thank you very much!

Deparment of Sociology
Fudan University

My new mail addres is ronggui.huang at gmail.com