[R] rescale x-axis

singyee ling singyee.ling at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 25 19:25:48 CET 2005

Dear all,

I am trying to draw a survival curve with probability of surviving as
the y-axis and days (0- 500 days )as the x-axis. however, i do not
want the days to be equally spaced on the x-axis as i am more
interested in looking at the behaviour of the curve in the first 50
days. I am reluctant to use  xlim=c(0,1000) as i want to see the whole
picture. Hence, what I am interested in is a scale in which the days
are not equally spaced. By that , I mean the length of the interval
between the days get smaller and smaller, which gives greater emphasis
to the intial period. (i.e the length of the interval betwen 0-1 days
is longer then the interval between 1-2 days and so on) .Hope what i
say above make sense. any advise?

thanks!

sing yee