[R] Fw: Re: Is there anything like a write.fwf() or possibility to print adata.frame without rownames?

Gorjanc Gregor Gregor.Gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Tue Nov 22 12:26:43 CET 2005

>>Petr Pikal wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> did you tried something like
>>>
>>> write.table( tab, "file.txt", sep="\t", row.names=F)
>>>
>>> which writes to tab separated file?
>>>

>>Petr thanks, but I do not want a tab delimited file. I need spaces
>>between columns.
>
> write.table( tab, "file.txt", sep="", row.names=F)
> Can it do what you want?

Ronggui thanks,

but this does not work also. For example I get something like
this bellow

"26" "1" 42 "DA" "DA" "lipa" "Monika"
"26" "1" 42 "DA" "DA" "lipa" "Monika"
"27" "1" 41 "DA" "DA" "smreka" "Monika"
"27" "1" 41 "DA" "DA" "smreka" "Monika"

and you can see, that there is a problem, when all "values"
in a column do not have the same length. I need to get

"26" "1" 42 "DA" "DA" "lipa"   "Monika"
"26" "1" 42 "DA" "DA" "lipa"   "Monika"
"27" "1" 41 "DA" "DA" "smreka" "Monika"
"27" "1" 41 "DA" "DA" "smreka" "Monika"

i.e. columns should be properly aligned.

Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc

University of Ljubljana
Biotechnical Faculty        URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Zootechnical Department     mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si
Groblje 3                   tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
SI-1230 Domzale             fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888
Slovenia, Europe