[R] PNG-import into R

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Mon Nov 21 17:08:22 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 09:38 -0500, Tuszynski, Jaroslaw W. wrote:

> Also does anybody know how hard would it be to tap into C code needed for
> 'read.jpeg', 'png' and 'jpeg' functions to write 'read.png' , 'write.png',
> and 'write.jpeg' functions?

Not too difficult (at least with libpng).

I was fiddling with adding a read.png method to the rimage package for
my own use, but have not really finished it.

The code is based on the example code from the libpng docs and and an
O'Reilly article

The C code and R wrapper can be found at

http://blue.chem.psu.edu/~rajarshi/code/R/pngio.c
http://blue.chem.psu.edu/~rajarshi/code/R/png.R

Right now it segfaults, so its not really useful yet.

Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE
All theoretical chemistry is really physics; and all theoretical
chemists
know it.
-- Richard P. Feynman