[R] about demo

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Sun Nov 20 11:17:30 CET 2005

On 20-Nov-05 Robert wrote:
> Hi,
>   I might have a silly question:
>   when I type demo()
>   I saw:
>   graphics                A show of some of R's graphics capabilities
>   I wonder how to see the demo of graphics?
>   Thanks!

If you type

  demo(graphics)

you will get it.

Someone needs to write a demo for the analysis of voting statistics,
and call it "cracy".

R used to be a bit kinder to absolute beginners:

  $ R
  R : Copyright 2001, The R Development Core Team
  Version 1.2.3  (2001-04-26)
  Type `demo()' for some demos, ...

  > demo()
  Use `demo(topic)' where choices for argument `topic' are:
        topics
  [1,] "graphics"

whereas, at least since 1.6.2  (2003-01-10) (the second oldest
R I have around) it does not tell you to use demo(topic).

Best wishes,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 20-Nov-05                                       Time: 10:17:27