[R] help with apply, please

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 15:39:45 CET 2005

On Saturday 19 November 2005 17:24, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> [...snip...]
> Although the above is not wrong I should have removed the rbind
> which is no longer needed and simplifying it further, as it seems
> that lp will do the rep for you itself for certain arguments, gives:
>
> lp("min", rep(1,3), t(mtrx), ">=", 1)$solution  # 1 0 1

Thank you Gabor, this solution is superbe (you never stop amazing me :)
Now... it only finds _one_ of the multiple minimum solutions. In the toy
example, there are two minimum solutions, hence I reckon the output should
have been a list with:
[[1]]
[1] 1 0 1

[[2]]
[1] 0 1 1

Also, thanks to Duncan and yes, I do very much care finding the smallest
possible solutions (if I correctly understand your question).

It seems that lp function is very promising, but can I use it to find _all_
minimum solutions?

Adrian

--
Adrian DUSA