[R] SWeave - can I see output in the source?

Friedrich.Leisch@tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Sat Nov 19 12:13:42 CET 2005

  > I'm working on a Latex document with lots of R code in it, so naturally
  > enough it would be a good idea to use SWeave.  But then I don't get to
  > see the output as I'm editing.

  > Or do I?  Is there a tool to process a .Rnw file and incorporate the
  > output from the commands into it (in a form that is not used for
  > producing the output .tex file, but which is updated each time I process
  > the file)?

I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly, but if you edit
Sweave files in Emacs using ESS you can send the code lines to a
running R process, and there you see the output. At least that's how I
write my Sweave files.

When I want to see all at once I typically do a tangle & source.

Best,
Fritz