[R] Makevars

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Nov 17 22:50:01 CET 2005

Is it safe to make any assumptions about how Makevars is used?

In particular, I want to include some conditional material, and wonder
if the GNU make conditional commands would work (at least for those
building with GNU make).  Does Makevars get included in the Makefile?
Does it get treated as a shell script?  Something else?

Is there any kind of assumption I can make portably?

I realize I could generate the file from a configure script, but I'd
like to avoid doing special purpose code that this case would require.

Thanks.
--
Ross Boylan                                      wk:  (415) 514-8146
185 Berry St #5700                               ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Dept of Epidemiology and Biostatistics           fax: (415) 514-8150
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94107-1739                     hm:  (415) 550-1062