[R] Building S4-classes, documents

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Nov 17 16:07:54 CET 2005

Hi Matthias,

On 17 Nov 2005, Matthias.Templ at statistik.gv.at wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have some troubles when building S4-class packages.
>
> All my (S4-)code works well (without building a package).
>
> When building a package, in the R prompt after checking S3
> generic/method consistency Following error occurs: Fehler: Kann R
> Kode in Packet 'AddNoise' nicht laden (~Error: Can not load R code
> from package 'AddNoise') (and there are some warnings after the
> error)

I don't have documentation to recommend other than what you
mentioned.  However, a few things to look into:

1. If you have your R code in multiple files, you may need to use the
   DESCRIPTION file's Collate field to control the loading order.
   Basically, you want: Class defintions, generics, methods, other.

2. Put methods and any other packages you depend on in Depends.

3. Add SaveImage: yes.

Also, make sure R CMD INSTALL yourPackage/ works before trying R CMD
check yourPackage.

+ seth