[R] Portable R?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Nov 17 05:33:02 CET 2005

On 17 November 2005 at 15:11, David Mitchell wrote:
| I didn't realise that the Windows version of R was "relocatable" that
| easily - I just assumed the install did something more complex than
| that.  I'll try copying the R files to a USB key later today.

Yup. I've installed it onto Windows SMB shares to provide little R apps with
tcl/tk apps to colleagues. Works very well until you hit snags like requiring
ODBC entry on each client which one can't script ... (as far as I know).

Cheers, Dirk

--
Statistics: The (futile) attempt to offer certainty about uncertainty.
         -- Roger Koenker, 'Dictionary of Received Ideas of Statistics'